Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kykyryky


"Kykyryky" is the Czech version of "Cock-a-doodle-do." Technically there should be an accent mark above the last y, but I haven't quite figured out how to insert it.

Last Sunday I was able to attend the International Church of Prague. I heard about it because I've kept in contact with people from my county who are also living in Prague. The service was a lot like churches I've attended in Raleigh, and we even sang some of the same songs.
I was even able to talk to the family from my county, and their daughter told me it was "nice to hear (my) southern voice." I'm looking forward to going back next week. It seemed like there were several nations represented in that one room, which was really cool.

While it has been unseasonably warm here, it looks as if a cool front is moving in this week and the highs of the day will be in the negative degrees Celsius soon (which isn't too bad for Fahrenheit, the low 30s upper 20s, but that is still pretty cold). Luckily I came more prepared for that type of weather instead of the warm weather, so I don't think I'll freeze.

The picture above is part of the old fortification of the city that was supposed to keep invaders out and the citizens in. At least, I think it was. I can tell you for sure that there was some crazy grade change on that slope and you would not want to trip and fall.

No comments: