Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Coldest Bathroom in the World

The coldest bathroom in the world exists in our studio. I freeze every time I go in there. It almost makes me want to buy a space heater for the bathroom, but there is no place to plug in one.
It also doesn't help that we've had a batch of cold weather this week (appropriate for the start of Spring, I think). There is even a chance for snow not once, but twice this week. Some parts of the Czech Republic have already had 10cm of snow this week.

Not much else has been going on, although last Wednesday I went to the opera and saw Madame Butterfly. It was in Italian, the subtitles were in Czech, and I didn't understand much of what was being sung. I was able to read the summary of the story beforehand, so I wasn't completely lost. I made up my own lyrics for the songs, most of them being, "Pinkerton is a man whose parents aren't married" (substitute words for yourself).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That way you do not spend tooooo much time lounging about the rest room and will get back to your work

Crystal said...

Ah the joys of European potties... There was one in Italy that was my fave, a squatty-potty with a handle on the floor so that you could hold something to keep from falling in!