Saturday, April 7, 2007

Procrastination Queen

Since the beginning of the semester, I have unofficially reserved Fridays as "buffer days" between bouts of being productive. In other words, I don't do much relating to school work. Yesterday the big events of the day were watching an episode of "Jeeves and Wooster," visiting the Easter markets, buying a trdlo ("grilled" pastry with almonds and sugar), and seeing a movie called Vratne Lahve which literally translated is something like "returned bottles," but instead has been given the English title Empties. While the English name is not the best, it was a very enjoyable film. I like my Fridays, it gives a nice break and helps preserve my sanity.

Sadly, the feelings of not wanting to do work can spill over from Friday into Saturday, as is the case this weekend. I think this is best evidenced by the update to the blog instead of being productive. As I'm typing, my base map is sitting beside me with all the notes I've written on it of what needs to change. It's not a pretty sight. Maybe if I remind myself that I get to color with my pretty markers and pencils I'll be able to sit myself down and focus.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

if markers and pencils don't motivate maybe you should try crayons!